Friday, October 2, 2015

One year ago and Alex

I just realized my last post was more than two months ago and that started me looking back all the way to one year ago today. At that time my post was about our foundation! One year ago.

Yesterday we ordered the leather loveseat for the Great Room. It won't arrive until Christmas but time absolutely flies here. The loveseat decision had to wait until we received the area rug so we could better visualize the space.  In the middle of the area rug delivery, Alex the hardwood guy had to share the space as he repaired a small imperfection in our cherry floor. I was amazed at his skill as I watched him work (partly because Jay and the carpet delivery guy kept pulling the rug out from under Alex - literally).

Discovering what a true artist Alex is, I couldn't resist asking him about a nick in our kitchen cabinets. He graciously repaired it perfectly! A Big Thank You to Alex!



We have had a glorious summer here in The Boot of Lake Sawyer. We celebrated the end of summer September 20th with a family gathering here. Though the weather wasn't the best, Jay got the hamburgers and hot dogs grilled before the rain. About 30 family and friends filled our Millpond Cottage but it wasn't crowded, just cozy.