Thursday, February 12, 2015

marble and paint colors

Exciting day today. We picked out the marble slab for the master bath counter and the quartz for the laundry room and wet bar. We also confirmed the paint colors for the house interior.

Jay wants a cheery entry so it will be Ralph Lauren IB65 Mexico Yellow. A rich ochre color, discontinued by RL but no other color is quite like it. Our upstairs bathroom has been this color for years and I love it so it will be custom mixed for us. Our entry door is a deep blue, SW6230 Rainstorm that will look wonderful against the ochre wall when the door is open.
Ralph Lauren IB65 Mexico Yellow

SW 6230 Rainstorm

Also, I have a perfect piece of art to hang with it.


Lavender Sky (Leavenworth, WA), pastel, 2009


All interior trim is SW7574 Echelon Ecru - arrived at this color by matching the trim in my daughter's West Seattle home. Her overall palette is warmer than mine but I love the period color of her trim.
SW7574 Echelon Ecru

Great Room is SW6163 Grassland - nearly the same color as our great room now.
SW6163 Grassland

Kitchen wall between counter and cabinets - Behr S-H-200 New Brick. The color of my kitchen for the past 7 years - I found it by matching a jar of homemade tomato sauce. This color, with Zodiac Mossy Green counter top and under cabinet lighting makes food look extra yummy. And, no outlets on the wall so I can hang small artwork as I do in my kitchen now.
Behr S-H-200 New Brick

Studio, powder room, stairway wall, upstairs landing and my upstairs office all SW7568 Neutral Ground.  
SW7568 Neutral Ground

 Stair risers will be painted SW6204 Drizzle (same color as the blue/green foliage in my painting above).
SW6204 Drizzle

 Master Suite will be SW6219 Rain.
SW6219 Rain

Guest Suite is SW6204 Sea Salt. My first choices for the Guest Suite were rosy beige colors until I discovered the colors were in the Sherwin Williams Collections called Senior Living and Acute Care. I imagined my older sister and husband as overnight guests and was afraid they'd never leave so I changed the color.
SW6204 Sea Salt

I could ponder and tweak the wall color forever but at some point, one has to just walk away and call it good. I suspect the first room I'll repaint is the very small laundry - for now, the walls are intentionally the same color as the trim - a blank palette for me.