Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Leaving the nest


A misty, contemplative June morning. 

Our friend's youngest child just left the nest for the other side of the continent. I remember when our children left us to make their own way in the world; a bittersweet time. We find ourselves in a similar situation now but this time we are the ones leaving what we thought would be our forever home. 

It has been said that your home never looked better than when it is ready for market. So true. Mill Pond Cottage is dusted and sparkling. Look at my clean Skybridge gutters! 


Because the studio is all packed up, I am spending my days in the flower and vegetable gardens. Surprisingly satisfying. In the future, I may become less full-time artist and more of a gardener (and new-nest builder).


Happy June everyone!